Port Huron Church seeks part time Janitor/Property Maintenance Person.
- setting up and clearing after meetings,
- arranging heating and cooling for meetings,
- cleaning church, meeting rooms, kitchens and bathrooms using approved methods
- sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, mopping regularly,
- trash removal,
- keeping inventory of needed supplies (paper products, lightbulbs)
- shoveling sidewalks and steps in winter and salting parking lots as needed
- cleaning and sweeping outside entrances,
- lawn mowing and general upkeep of grounds
- small repairs (e.g. changing washers, keeping toilets from running, replacing light bulbs and fuses)
- other duties as assigned.
Past experience as janitor, handyman or caretaker desirable.
Ability to interact well with other people.
Ability to communicate by text or email.
Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Must pass criminal background check and drug screening.
19 hours per week. Schedule negotiable. Hourly compensation beginning at $9.50 depending on experience and qualifications.
Grace is an Episcopal Church which welcomes all people without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, age or ability. We are open to considering candidates from any faith tradition or none.
Click here to download and fill out application form and return by March 28th.
Return to Grace Episcopal Church, 1213 Sixth Street, Port Huron, MI