Here is the latest news of the way we are responding in love to the Coronavirus.
Dear Members and Friends of Grace Church,
Thanks to all of you who filled out the survey last week. The vestry has created several teams: Communications, Building Maintenance and Rental, Health and Sanitation and Worship. In addition to Vestry, some staff and other leaders are consulting in each of these areas. We will try to be in communication more frequently as we approach in person worship. Your vestry and staff are inclined to be extra-cautious about returning to worship. We will be following the guidelines established by the four dioceses in Michigan:
- Social distancing;
- Sanitizing before and after worship and every time bathroom is used;
- limiting all kinds of touching;
- Holy Communion is permitted under very controlled conditions;
- No coffee hour;
- No congregational singing;
- Limited attendance;
- No Sunday School or Nursery Care;
- No choirs.
We will have one service (we are working on a way of making the “reservation” process equitable, Morning Prayer (or possibly “Ante-Communion” i.e. the liturgy of the word from the Eucharist.) Right now we are not planning on Holy Communion. We are planning to open the first Sunday of August (unless there is a spike in cases in our state or county.) Meanwhile we are working on protocols.
What to expect:
- Social distanced entrance and leaving church;
- Socially distanced seating;
- Temperature check when you arrive;
- Mask Expectation;
- Hand sanitizer available;
- Children welcome but must be accompanied at all times by an adult;
- Streaming service available.
We all long to worship together but we also want to proceed carefully so that we are all safe.
Meanwhile, this email offers several online worship opportunities and opportunities to meet up with other parishioners online and our Outreach Committee continues to serve our neighbors.
Grace and Peace,